Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One was Texas medicine, the other was just railroad gin, and like a fool I mixed them. - Bob Dylan, Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

 Has it really been this long since I wrote in my blog? Quick rundown of my leave back home in Texas in September!

 I headed back to the states for my friend Jeff Koegler's wedding. He married Hannah on the Potomac River, outside of DC at the Collingwood Library. It was a perfectly beautiful day and they are the cutest couple to watch get married! Hannah did a ton of the decorations herself and I was totally blown away! I wish I had photos from their wedding, but I didn't have my camera until I could pick it up from my parent's place in Texas. :( They wouldn't ship my new camera to me in Japan. Ah well.

I will always have facebook to look back on that day and also in my mind and heart. Jeff and Hannah are a great couple and the wedding was a long time coming!

I managed to find a non stop flight from Tokyo to DC, so that was nice. Not too bad. 11 or so hours. I thought it would be worse. I was able to stay with my friend Ian and catch up with him. It's been a long time since I saw him and it was too much fun to go to some of the old places we ate at when I lived there.

I also made a short day trek on the DC metro (on a day of major repair on the tracks) up to Maryland and saw Lindsay and her little boy and my friend Laura! Man, it is so fun to have friends all over and be able to catch up and meet people while on trips.

Then, I flew off to Texas! It was so good to be back in my state and actually be able to drive on the freeway and park in all of the huge parking lots I could find! haha.

My mom and I took a trip to Houston to see my seester, Christy and catch my brother for dinner.
My sister, Christy. My brother, Gary. and me!


My momma, my brother and I. Poor guy works so much he had to meet us for dinner during his shift! So proud of him!


 It was a fantastic weekend with my mom and sister. I love having girl weekends with them. I wish I was closer so I could do this more often. When I get back to the states, I want to do it more!


Back in the Dallas area, I got to go hang out with Courtney, Emma and Ethan a couple times. One of those times we went out to the park and I took some photos trying out my new camera. I still don't know what I'm doing, but these were super cute! The poor kids were starting to come down with a cold or something, but were troopers and were so well behaved. It was fun to see Courtney in full mom mode. Some day I'll be calling her for advice!
Such beautiful blue eyes!

:)

Fun day at the park

I love her curls!

Too cute!

Me and my shelley!
 I met up with Shelley a couple times. It's so hard when I go home on leave to try and meet up and spend a good amount of time with everyone. Everyone is at work and school and busy busy busy, but we were still able to make some time. The good news is, my friends back home are such good friends that we can just pick up where we left off.

Kyla and Tessa! My oldest friends in Arlington. :D I was so happy to see them and hear about Tessa's pregnancy!!!
Then, of course, there is my baby. Patton. I miss this guy SO much. It's so hard at times to be away from him and I wish I could go back and work to try and bring him out here to Japan. I guess I still could, but he would have to be quarantined from the other pets at home now and I don't know if that could happen.

When I first got home, he followed me around right next to me for 3 days straight. He kept head butting me and climbing all over me sniffing. I think he missed me. ;)

Patton liked my camera. He wouldn't sit back and chill and let me take his photo.

My sister's baby, Tuna. Such a pretty baby.
Better one of my Patton
 It was an amazing time home. I feel so much closer to a lot of people after this trip home. It's sad because I don't know the next time I will be home, but we're all able to pick up and keep on. I can't wait to make it home again!


No comments: