I'm truly honored to have been able to sit in the same room with all these retired and active duty navy nurses. To hear stories from senators and other people, like Bob Woodruff, who were treated by navy nurses was touching. To hear from the retired captains I talked to that spoke to me about WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc, was inspiring. To be wearing the same uniform as all these other bright eyed ensigns that chose to not only sacrifice to take care of others, but to also sacrifice their life for their country and navy, it just....there are no words. I'm proud of us, Nurse Corps.
I hope that I can stay in the 20 years. I know the memories, stories, friends (who are all instantly family) will stay with me the rest of my life. I know that this was the best decision for my life and that God really had his hand in the middle of all of this.
I want to thank my friends back home who all support, love, call me, and are just overall there for me when I'm homesick and I question if this hard life is really what I should be doing. I want to thank my friends here that have become so close to my heart. You guys are like my brothers and sisters. I wouldn't be able to see the amazing things that this world can bring without you all. We do the impossible sometimes. No matter our backgrounds or differences, we all love each other the same.
Happy 100th, Nurse Corps!!! GO Navy!
More pics can be found at my picasa (http://picasaweb.google.com/ckumpunen) or on facebook.

No comments:
Post a Comment