Thursday, May 1, 2008

When the working day is done, girls they just want to have fun. - Cyndi Lauper, Girls Just Want To Have Fun

Ho hum. I'm working right now. I just realized that I can write blog messages on the computers here at the hospital. I also just found out that I can check my gmail, yahoo, myspace, and whatever other websites that are blocked here, on my cell phone.

What? It's been a productful night shift. We did our bi-monthly crash cart drill and inventory. We made our own cold stone in the back report room with ice cream, sprinkles, whip cream, etc. I filled out a survey for my deployment online. We signed some going away cards for people.

I had gotten stressed out last weekend. Everything seemed to pile up and I was looking at everything that is coming up in the next few months and it was overwhelming. Now, I'm just trying to take a breath and be cool. One day at a time. This morning I have to go weigh in for the PRT and Friday morning (after my night shift) I have to run my PRT. I'm getting nervous. But, the good news is that I should be getting my new ipod today in the mail and I have a special playlist for the PRT. I think it'll keep me going.

I'm craving cake. Or a candy bar. Good news is, we're having a going away party for some people this morning, so a lot of people are bringing food in. :) I'll go weigh in first before I pig out! Then, can't forget to pick up cat food on my way home. Then, sleep and come back up tonight. Not too bad of a day. If tonight's shift is anything like this one is, it won't be a problem.

Let's see. I'm gonna find something of significance to talk about. I have just been talking about nothing.

Ha. Go figure. I go to cnn.com and the first story to catch my attention is this one:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/04/30/dinosaur.dung.ap/index.html
130-million-year-old poop sells for $960

So much for talking about something of significance. Now, I'm learning all about old dinosaur dung.

Ah. Here we go: http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/04/28/hm.fatigue/index.html
Fatigue is more than just plain tired

For a couple weeks now I have just been flat out exhausted. I've been thinking I need to get my thyroid checked. My mom, both grandmothers, sister, and now my brother are all diagnosed with hypothyroidism. There are other reasons why, but still. I should look into it. That just means another doc appt. I'm tired of coming into work on my days off. But, as the article shows... I shouldn't just push away feeling fatigued. I used to have so much energy on nights that I would wake up hours early and work out and still feel rested. Now, I skip the gym many times and I wake up with the alarm and still feel exhausted. I don't know. It might just be everything going on. After this weekend, things should come down a bit.

I'm excited though. Friday night at cancun cantina with a bunch of the nurses at the hospital and then Saturday night is the 100th Navy Nurse Corps birthday ball. :)

It's gonna be a good weekend!

No comments: