A long time ago someone special sent me a Jimmy Eat World cd and I listened to this song over and over. It came on my itunes tonight and as I watched the rain and storm outside, I began to realize that this song means so much more now than ever. I couldn't find the actual music video, so I'll just use this one, but I didn't want to put just the lyrics.
I just finished reading a book with my church small group and it was a difficult read. The author pushed me and made me think things I never would have thought or believed. Now that I've finished it, I can see what I've learned from it all.
I've already caught myself being a typical girl about guys. I'm learning to stop and not let my heart get wrapped into something that is not right. Normally, after one call or one message or something, I would get so excited and think that maybe God was sending me someone. It's not true. It's nothing. It's nothing until God says it is something and until He brings him to me. Until then, there must still be a reason he wants me to be on my own. This past week so many people have questioned me on how I'm still single. I don't know why. Why do people ask?? I just tell them that God hasn't sent me my forever.
Some of my guy friends that are married have told me that I have amazing qualities and they don't believe that I'm still single after all this time and being so young. Ya, well.
Then, I had a fellow nurse say the same thing. Again, what do they want me to say? I have a good time on my own. I think that is why I'm overall so happy. haha. I just really feel like God is teaching me a lot and having me grow. Plus, He must still be working on my future love.
So, until then, I'll lay down, listen to this song, remember those feelings of what it was like to be in love and cherish the memories of loves past, but focus on what is ahead of me and what God is doing in my life right now.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
You better let somebody love you before it's too late. - The Eagles, Desperado
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment