I got my official orders for Kuwait today. :) I leave D.C. on June 22nd and my estimated date of return is January 8th, 2009. Weird.
On our schedule for the floor it has me listed for 5 days of work then "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLdepdepdepdepdepdepdep", etc.
L=leave (in Tejas)
dep=deployment
That's how it will be on the schedule until January of 2009. Crazy! It's all real now. I'm looking forward to the change of scenery. I'm looking forward to getting away from some drama that is starting to creep up at work. I'm looking forward to getting away from bogus admissions and endless chart checks. I'm looking forward to a few weeks in California! I'm looking forward to wearing sports bras and camis every day. Not... haha. I'll probably be so sick of wearing the same thing every single day for 6 months. I can't imagine doing it for a year and a half.
All around I'm just excited to start a new, but small chapter in my life. I hope to learn a lot about myself, the navy, and other cultures.
Okay, that all being said. Here's my tentative plan for leave in Tejas:
June 3rd: parents fly in
4th: move into storage and start the drive back home
5th: arrive in Arlington, TX
6-8th: camping/tubing in New Braunfels (including Robert Earl Keen concert Saturday and a stop for breakfast/lunch in Austin on Sunday)
9th-14th: Arlington
14th: stop in Austin to see some friends before going to Beth and Adam's wedding in Driftwood. Then, on to Houston to stay with my sis
15-17th: Houston
17-20th: Arlington
20th: fly back to DC
22nd: fly to Cali!
Life has been so busy since the beginning of March and I really want this leave to be peaceful. SO, if any of you start giving me a hard time about not getting to see me a lot on my leave and guilting me...I'm just going to walk away. I'll do my best, but I'm already driving all over the state to see people, so I'm not going to spend my free days driving all over the DFW area. I can't wait to come home for a while and see everyone!
I just got my smallpox site checked today, my 3rd anthrax shot, and my battle record up to date today.
The only thing that stinks is that Tanya's in the hospital. :( Poor thing. Long story of complications from when she was really sick as a kid and now she had to have emergency surgery and it is a day by day thing. She's def doing better than she was a few days ago, but still. I hate seeing her sick. I helped wash her hair today. I'll be in to see her tomorrow. I've been able to stop in on her every day so far. I'm glad I work right there. She's my best friend up here. I hate that she's not feeling well. I hope she can get out soon so we can hang out before I leave. If you guys can, please say a prayer they don't have to take her back into surgery and that her wound heals fast and well.
No comments:
Post a Comment