Sunday, September 7, 2008

I was born with pain. My moms and my pops pass it down to me. - Mobb Deep, You Can Never Feel My Pain

I was looking through people magazine today. It was the one with Brad and Angelina's twin debut. I have often thought about adopting a child one day. This made me think about it some more. I started looking online at so many children around the world that need someone to love them. It's almost overwhelming.

Well, then I started looking at children just in the united states and put the max age of 5. It was so saddening. Almost all of the children had mental disabilities, but most of them from drugs while the mother was pregnant or abuse as an infant. It broke my heart to look at these beautiful little girls and boys and try and understand how someone could do that. It's unbelievable how a person cannot have love for the unborn or young child, and yet these kids end up having more love than anything. They put up and deal with horrible conditions from the beginning.

Maybe some day I can be in a position to adopt a child. I really hope I can. Especially when it comes time to retire. I will have time available.

I was so lucky to be born into a loving and supportive family. They have stuck by me from the beginning and I have some of the best brothers and sisters to look up to! I didn't have a choice and neither do these other children, but God blessed me and I hope He will with all the kids out there without a loving family.

Anyway, it just touched my heart and I thought I'd share. I'd hope that everyone say a prayer tonight for all the orphaned, abused, punished, and unloved kids out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... you don't want us to have kids, but now you want one yourself?! I see how it is :)

On a serious note, however, you are absolutely correct. Many people abandon kids as if they were stray dogs, and it is sickening. There are magnitudes of orphans around the world and many, many here in the US. I know several who were adopted themselves and who have adopted kids and, typically, it can be a wonderful thing.

Kristi has Scotty, and I have my sister Anna. We're fully expecting to take care of at least one of them after our parents can no longer do so.

Candi said...

haha. Notice how i said "when I get ready to retire"? haha.

I know you and Kristi both have so much patience growing up with Scotty and Anna. I really admire how well you two work with them. You're both so loving that you would always make sure they are okay.