Monday, September 8, 2008

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind. - Tool, Lateralus

Right now I'm beginning to negotiate orders with my detailer.

Earlier this year, I emailed him and told him my plan to go to DUINS (our grad school program) after my next tour and that I needed to have my rotation date in the summer. He said it would be no problem to PCS (have my permanent change of station...aka move to next base) next summer and leave early.

My orders right now have me leaving Bethesda in Oct 09. I want to leave the summer of 09 so when I rotate out of my next base, I can go to grad school. Long story.

Well, now, he's saying, yes, he can give me Guam, but he said Oct 09. Hmm. So, I'm going to do some studying on hotfills and see if there is anything I can come back to him with.

I really want to rotate in the summer. Maybe I'll have to stay at Bethesda until summer of 2010. If I did that, then I could try and go to grad school without going overseas maybe. Hmm. That's a thought. I'd really like to do that first though.

Here's the thing. There are ideas that I want for my life and then there is the part of me that knows I need to step back and let God set forth the plans for me. If I try and run the show I'm only going to screw it up. I'm praying and praying...but I can't always tell what His answer is.

Everyone take 5 seconds right now and please lift this up in prayer. I really to ultimately want what He wants for my life. Please pray that the door will open up perfectly and that I will be at peace with the decision and the process and the answer will be clear. I need a bright neon sign!

Thanks all my prayer warriors out there.....I'll let you know updates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, I told God that I wanted to follow his plan but that I didn't trust signs, dreams, feelings or the Holy Spirit talking to me.

I told him the easiest way to let me know what he wanted me to do was just close any door he didn't want me to go through. I'm a persistent sonovabitch, and I tend to exhaust every avenue before giving up (even then, I'm a bit too stubborn to quit in a timely manner). It's worked out for me so far :)

Keep doing what you think is right and God will direct you from there. As my mom says, You can't steer a boat unless the rudder is in the water.

You're in my prayers, cutie :)

Candi said...

Thanks, Jim! Ya, I'm the same way. I am thinking to myself...I'm going to make this work somehow the way I want it! I can't always do that and it's so hard stepping back.

I like the steering a boat thing!

Anonymous said...

I will pray specifically that God will show you what His desire is for your life. You're absolutely right about trying to do it and messing things up. I've done it so MANY times myself. Its tough to let go, especially when you can't see where things are going. It helps to reflect on the past and see how He's been there for you so far. He's as close as a whisper and will NEVER leave or foresake you. God bless you, Sweetie, and keep you safe.