I was reading a news article today about how Colt McCoy sat out during the game last night due to an injured shoulder and that all the Texas fans were calling him soft, etc. You know, honestly, I think Mac Brown probably had to be very careful in how he handled the situation after Mike Leach was fired over an injured player. If Mac had put McCoy back in, would he have gotten slack for it? So, he kept him out. That's fine. That does show one coach who will put the player before the game. As much as I LOATHE Mac Brown, I can kinda see where that was tough to do. Anywho...so, I'm reading this article and then I come to this part talking about McCoy in 2007.....
His sophomore year, against Kansas State again, he suffered a concussion but kept playing.
"We didn't see Colt at halftime because he was in with the trainers, so we prepared for the second half like we weren't going to have him," then offensive coordinator Greg Davis told the Dallas Morning News in 2007. "And then when I got back up to the coaches' box for the third quarter, he came out on the field."
He played the next week, too.
WAIT! He had a concussion and kept playing????? He played the next week???? Why didn't they fire Mac Brown right then? That is NOT how you treat a concussion! Apparently, relaxing in a cool shed sleeping isn't how you treat it either! Pshh.....
Okay, I feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment