I guess I should update this. Christmas was awesome! My mom didn't think anyone was coming home, except for my sister. Well, I surprised her by coming home Wed before Christmas and my sister wasn't supposed to come home until Christmas Eve, but came in the same day as me. We sat upstairs and waited for mom to get home. I called the house and told my dad that I was on skype and wanted to talk, so mom got on skype. I told her it was an okay day, but that this girl stopped by and was bugging me all day (while my sis started poking her finger at me from next to the laptop). She poked her head in the picture on skype and my mom was like..."oh!" and then just sat there a second trying to figure it out. She thought Christy had gone to Florida to be with me and then she was like, "Where are you?" and I told her I was in a room with toys I grew up with and it was a small, familiar room. She saw the attic door behind me and asked if we were upstairs. She wouldn't get up though! haha. I told her, "why don't you come see if I'm upstairs?" We ran to meet her on the stairs. She was so excited.
Well, then on Christmas day my sister and I got mom in the bedroom to watch home movies, while my uncles, aunts and cousins snuck in the house! The only thing was we couldn't get mom off the phone to come out and be surprised! She finally came out and just about had a heart attack with everyone there. It was a great Christmas. All my family brought up food and my uncle deep fried 2 turkeys. They were SO good. We played games, ate, caught up. It was a great time.
It even snowed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It looked nice in front of the house, but it was a wet snow and the wind was crazy, so it was no fun to be out.
I also got to meet someone new and enjoy some coffee. I'm glad I had time for that. In the two hours that we were hanging out, the windshields iced over. That was weird.
The night before I left, I met up with a lot of friends. It was so good to see everyone, especially Courtney and her baby belly!
Overall, Christmas was better than I could have even imagined. My dad started putting this surprise for my mom together back in February. I can't believe it stayed a secret. :)
Now, it's 2010! New year. New decade. It's going to be a good one!
I have to go write my fitrep.....bleh. haha.
2 comments:
Awww. Thanks for mentioning my belly. :-) hee hee
Oh yaaay! I LOVE this story!
Post a Comment