Then, Friday, went to the driving range with Monica and Tanya-
Nap time at Tanya's and then rollerblading around her new neighborhood with Jessica:
Quick change again and headed over to Stacie's for a girls night in with Monica, Jess and Stacie.
Saturday, Jessica, Phil, Tanya and I drove to Orlando and picked up Phil's sis to spend the day at Universal and Islands of Adventure. They had free tickets for military we needed to take advantage of!
It's been a great weekend and ended with Church this morning. I really like Christ's Church where I've been going. The message this morning was about waiting patiently for God to use us. We have to remember to take advantage of the time we are being patient. We we think we're just sitting around counting the hours, days until we do something great, we need to be doing something great instead of counting the hours, days, etc.
Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3
Wait for the LORD
and keep his way.
He will exalt you to inherit the land;
when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. Psalm 37:34
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24
So, maybe I wasn't used the way I thought I was going to be used in Cuba, but I did keep His way and did the best He could use me for while I was there. He's only just preparing me for something bigger. I still have a long way to go as a nurse to be able to take on some of those bigger things.
Today, I will nurse my cold and prepare for the week.
4 comments:
What an awesome weekend! How far is the drive to Orlando from Jacksonville? . . . I think of Bella's mom every time I hear Jacksonville. lol!
Woot! Jealous... it's snowing here in southern Japan...
Concerning Golf: My dad would be so proud of you :)
Concerning Life and God:
"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be merry. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun."
Ecclesiastes 8:15
The drive is about 2 hrs to Orlando. Not bad at all!
Post a Comment