Friday, July 27, 2007

I have some glue, help me inhale. - Nirvana, Dumb

I had such a great blonde moment earlier today. So, I will usually check cnn.com every day to kinda catch up on major headlines. Today, I read one that said "Gabor's husband found sitting naked in Rolls". In my head, I literally did picture a man naked sitting in a bunch of rolls. Breadrolls.

Well, I read the article. It was talking about his Rolls Royce. My bad.

Saw Transformers last night. Bad ass.

Going to Annapolis with Tanya and Phil. Tanya's family lives out on the water and offered for us to go out on her boat. I hope it doesn't rain. So far, it looks nice outside. If it does, then we'll just go to all the little shops around Annapolis. I've noticed up here the weather will say there is a 40-60% chance of rain, and it might rain for an hour or two....but it never really rains all day or anything like it did down in Texas. Most of the time this summer, even when it showed a chance of rain, I never saw a drop. That's always a nice surprise.

I'm learning in the military you have to say goodbye a lot. Deployments, breakups, nurses leaving for another floor, personnel PCSing to another duty station. I don't know very many people here that have been with me since I got here. Just a few girls from OIS are with me now. Kerry and Elyse are in Kuwait. Then, the group of people leaving all started this spring. Soon after I got on my own as a nurse. My favorite corpsman left for Cuba for 6 months. I wonder if he'll come back to our floor. Another corpsman at that time left to work in an administrative position. Another left for field med training to go to combat medic stuff. Then, Abenojar and Bartlett left for L&D training in San Diego this summer and then they're PCSing to new duty stations, Longmire left for Africa, Tassani left to work in the ER, Vedder is now working in the APU, Hansen is getting out of the Navy and moving to Hawaii (very sad about this one....she is awesome and I'm seriously going to miss her), Venabel is leaving for RT school, Brown most likely will be leaving our floor soon. When you hit a year on the floor at the hospital, you can put in to move to another area, so most of the people I met when I got to 5C are now getting to their year mark soon. In a couple months, I'm going to be one of the senior nurses on the floor. Scary. I don't know if I will try and move off my floor or not when the time comes. Maybe I'll try to transfer to the ICU. I think part of me is scared to now. It's a bit intimidating. I don't know. I enjoy working with med/surg patients. I see the same people come in and out. I build a relationship. I just miss the way 5 center used to be. I miss a lot of people. But, I guess that's just the military. I said goodbye to Hansen the other day. You just have to smile, hug, and say you'll see them later. It's almost like I pretend they're all not leaving. Like, I'm going to see them again soon. It's a small Navy, and most likely I will see many of these people again, and if I move to Japan next, it'll be easy to go to Hawaii and see Hansen. I learn a lot from each person I meet along the way. Plus, then you start having friends in different areas of the hospital, which is really good because some day you'll need a favor from them, trust me. Ah well.

I wish you all fair seas and following winds....

No comments: