I got my snoooowwwboard. I got my snoooowwwboard. Weeee! It's so pretty. In the end I'm glad I went with the whisper. Just to wait for snow. :)
My seeester was in town this weekend. It was one of the best weekends I've had so far since being up here. Friday she came in and we hung out in downtown Silver Spring. Since it was Harry Potter night and there is a bookstore down there, it was insane! People were running around dressed up. THey had all these musicians out. It was crazy. We ate at the wine bar down there. That place is so good. Then, we came back and bummed around reading magazines and drinking wine.
Saturday, we went to starbucks next door and sat outside and talked and had coffee. In the morning it was clear and about 75. Gorgeous. Christy said the weather this weekend reminded her of Cali. The highs were in the low 80's and it was clear and sunny and there are trees everywhere. It has been amazing weather. After sbux, we got ready and went to Georgetown to go shopping! We were there all afternoon. Got lunch at J. Paul's and shopped some more. She loved Georgetown, like I thought she would. We came back home and made dinner and drank more wine and watched more tv and talked.
Sunday, we did the same sbux run in the morning before hopping on the metro to go down to Chinatown for lunch. Ate at matchbox...duh. My favorite place to eat. She enjoyed that place. Then, we walked a couple blocks down to the National Mall area and sat in the shade and people watched. Then, got on the metro a couple stops and went to dupont circle. Got more sbux (notice a trend here...I think we could live on sbux and wine) and picked a spot in the circle in the shade. We watched all the people running around, or a bunch of older guys playing chess. One man in particular got very heated over a move. haha. It was so peaceful and relaxing. It's amazing that you can feel that way when everything around you is going fast in the city. Eventually, we dragged our butts off the ground and headed back home to... you guessed it. Wine, magazines, good girl talk, and bad tv. :)
Just got back from dropping her off at the airport. She didn't want to leave and I wish she didn't have to. It was so much fun. We didn't do that much....but neither one of us wanted to do anything in particular. We just had some good time to catch up and enjoy the weather.
Now, I'm thinking again about trying for grad school in san diego. She said if I went there and she wasn't dating anyone at the time that she would move out there with me! Hmmm....well. I still have time. I hope she can come out soon again. I miss having my big sis close. Just in the past few years have we really been able to relate to each other. I love it.
And. Again. I love this city. It's going to be sooo difficult to leave it.
No comments:
Post a Comment