

Well, I will not be unprepared. I just bought the lamar whisper and flow flite 3 bindings. I'm really excited about the bindings. They were a lot more money, but they're going to be more comfortable and easier to get in and out of. That was one big frustration I had when I went last winter...I'd be trying to get my darn feet to clip into the snap and I couldn't...but I'd start to move and freak out. haha. At least I won't have to deal with rentals and the clip-in boots anymore. That sucked. This will give me a lot better control. I know through the poll, that a few more liked the merlot better, but Jessica had already ordered that one...and being the girl that I am, I couldn't have the same one. Plus, I was able to get the better bindings with this setup and this one was my first love. I'll go with my gut. I cannot stop thinking about snow. I'm so excited about this winter. The good thing about my job too is that I get weekdays off and it's cheaper to ride during the week and less crowds so I won't feel too dum. :) I'm even starting to put together a mix on my ipod to ride to. Let's see...includes Prodigy, Incubus, Steppenwolf, mxpx, newfound glory, the Ataris, Less than Jake, Rage, Deftones, Finger Eleven, NIN, etc.....man, I'm getting psyched. I think I might buy a beanie that Burton makes with built-in headphones.
I think I have found my obsession. Also, good thing to note. Japan almost leads the world in chairlifts apparently. There are tons of great places to go over there so I should be fine. Then, hopefully cali or seattle and we all know there are great places to ride there too.
Okay, sorry. Nuff about that.
I work again this weekend. It's been so busy on the floor. We're just too short staffed. We only had one corpsman helping us the other night because we had four 1:1 watch patients that the other corpsmen had to be in with all the time. Today, on the schedule they only had 2 nurses scheduled. And 26 patients. Ha. They had to find a bunch of contract nurses or float nurses from other floors, but all the floors in the hospital are really tight. Hopefully by tonight they'll have it worked out. Oh well. The good thing about working this weekend is I work with Erin! I'm so psyched about that. I've missed working with her. Nights aren't the same.
I had something weird happen the other day. This has never happened to me like this, but yeah. So, I'm leaving work in the morning and I'm sitting at the stoplight at the gate to leave. I'm first in line and it turns green. Now, up here in dc if you're not already half way through the intersection as soon as it turns green you will get a horn, but for some reason I hesitated. I looked left and right to make sure they had stopped. I had this bad feeling. The guy on the left in the first lane had stopped and the guys on the right had stopped so I started to go, but because I hesitated I pulled out real fast so the people behind me wouldn't be mad. As I'm turning through the intersection I see this car come flying at me! It was in the second lane on the left and there was no way I could have seen him before. He slams on the breaks and I go speeding out of the way to miss him and look back and he's in the middle of the intersection. He came so close to hitting me. It would have been on the drivers side too. I was freaked. The rest of the way home was like that. There were two buses way ahead of me and the first one stopped so I put my signal on and moved to the left lane to go around them. At the last second the second bus switched lanes right on top of me! I had to slam on the breaks. I just had this erie feeling the whole way home that someone was trying to do something to me. As soon as I got home in my parking spot I could breate a sigh of relief. It was odd.
1 comment:
You know Candi, I'm quite envious of your fun times!!! I'm so glad that you are having a good time. I liked this board that you picked, it's very peaceful so I'm glad you got that one. Glad you got out of the way of the crazy driver.
Post a Comment