Sunday, January 27, 2008

Stop rolling down hill like a snow ball headed for hell. - Merle Haggard, Are The Good Times Really Over For Good




Two things I love watching....snowboarders and subarus! I can't wait to try and get to Japan and see them both a lot! I found out that some places in Japan, they have snow until June!! I never imagined I could ever go snowboarding on my birthday in may. It was always a swim party. haha. Plus, I could go to Nagano. Apparently, they have some amazing places to go around there.

I'm starting to get a lot of friends at the hospital now. A bunch of new nurses came in a few months ago, and they rock! It just kinda sucks, because I know i'll probably be leaving late this year. Right now, I'm penciled in as the primary for the Kuwait deployment in August, but then, who knows. It changes every day. If I don't go somewhere, then I'll be looking for hotfills in Japan for fall or winter of this year. I don't want to leave DC. I finally have a great place. I have a lot of great friends. I know the city somewhat. I really like it. But, I also know...the sooner I get overseas, then the sooner I can get to grad school either San Diego or Seattle. Then, I'd probably try and come back and get stationed in Corpus Christi.

It's funny, because on one hand I want to hurry up and experience everything really fast. I want to go here, then here, then do this type of nursing, then that! But, on the other hand...I feel like things are so amazing and I've been so blessed that I love to stop and soak up every second because I know my life is going to fly by faster than I can even blink! I hear it a lot from my older patients....they just can't believe how fast live goes. But, most of them have amazing stories, and I hope some day I can be that little old lady who can show a baby ensign nurse to stop and enjoy every blessing you are given.

There's one part of me that I don't think has quite healed yet...but I've gotten used to having that slight aching in the background all the time. I try to just push it away again and look around at what all I have. Some day, maybe the aching won't even come back at all.

No comments: