





Lights go down it’s dark
The jungle is your head - can’t rule your heart
A feeling is so much stronger than
A thought
Your eyes are wide
And though your soul it can’t be bought
Your mind can wonder
Hello, hello... (Hola)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (dónde estás?)
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
Except you give me something...
I can feel, feel
The night is full of holes
As bullets rip the sky of ink with gold
They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll
They know that they can’t dance - at least they know
I can’t stand the beats
I’m asking for the cheque
The girl with crimson nails
Has Jesus 'round her neck
Swinging to the music Whoooaaa
Swinging to the music Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa
Whoooaaa
Hello, hello... (Hola)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (dónde estás?)
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
But you give me something...
I can feel, feel
Check mated...
Hours of fun...
Jumping in... yeah
All of this... all of this can be yours
All of this... all of this can be yours
All of this... all of this can be yours
Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt
Hello, hello... (Hola)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (dónde estás?)
Lights go down and all I know
That you give me something...
I can feel your love teaching me how
Your love is teaching me how to kneel, kneel
~Vertigo by U2
I swear. I think U2 must have written that song after experiencing a night like tonight. It has been wicked weird. It all starts with a congested nose. I've had one for about 3 weeks. It's been a pain because I can't breathe when I'm sleeping. Anywho, no sinus pain. No headache. No pressure. No sore throat. My nose isn't really even runny. Whatever....so, tonight at work I noticed I wasn't walking straight down the hall. I kept falling toward the right. I would get dizzy a bit and just felt off balance. Well, I would have had the night float doc look at my ear and tell me what he thought, but we don't have otoscopes on our floor. Silly, I know...but you have to go to the ER. SOOO, off I went to make sure I didn't have an ear infection. This was around 9:30 pm. They check me out and draw some labs and start a bolus of an iv. When they took my ekg and orthostatics, I got really dizzy when I laid down. Well, I had positive orthostatics and they found a ton of protein in my urine. That I will have to get checked out later. They decided to do another bolus and then send more urine tests. Done and done and then they concluded that I had an inner ear infection, but it was viral, so they can't do anything to fix it. They did give me valium for the vertigo I was experiencing. hehe. With the valium I couldn't go back to work, but I couldn't drive either.
I got ahold of Brit and she came to pick me up. Thank God for other friends on night shift. She came to get me from work...and at this point the valium was working juusssstt fineeeee. I was in heaven. Brit also brought along jessica's friend who's visiting in town and wasn't tired. We started to go to mcdonald's because I was getting the munchies.
On the way, we saw all these firetrucks. I thought the lights were fun to watch. Brit. Not so much. So, we get to mcdonalds and Jessica calls. "Uh, hey, our building's on fire". Those firetrucks were going to Brit and Jessica's apartment! We go back and pick Jess up and see that indeed there are firetrucks everywhere. We didn't see smoke, but it kinda did smell like something was on fire. So, the four of us giggly girls head to this diner down the road that is 24 hrs. We had a blast drinking milkshakes, giggling, stating some memorable quotes, and kicking back like it was college again. Us, in our sweats and such just hanging out at 2 in the morning at the local diner. I miss that kinda stuff. I'm so thankful for these days. It keeps me feeling young and breaks up the day to day work/sleep cycle.
They also sent me home with a few valium and gave me tomorrow night off too, so I don't have work until Monday! weeee.
I really hope I'm not all dizzy though all weekend. I'll be freaking pissed! I need to go snowboarding Saturday and this will NOT get in my way. I'll be dizzy all the way down the mountain if I have to!
Anywho, sorry it was so long. It was an odd night and I had to talk about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment