Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I feel a change back to a better day, hair stands on the back of my neck. In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself. –






So, as you can see we got to do the camping/tubing trip as planned!

I'll back up. My parents flew in. We moved my stuff into storage (a much better move than the last one) and drove back to Texas.

Then, last Friday my closest friends and I ventured to the Texas hill country to get away for a couple days and camp and tube. It was such a blast! Very hot and sticky and I have the strangest burn I've ever had...it's very sporadic. It's almost like I have a skin disorder. haha.

Friday night we sat around an amazing campfire, thanks to Kristi, Jim and Lauren! We had hot dogs and played "werewolf". Good times. Then, Saturday morning we met Erin, Brian and Sergio to go tubing on the Guadalupe River. It was raining off and on in the morning and got so cold. The water level was real low too so you'd get stuck on the rocks. There was one point when Erin and I got stuck on rocks and then it started pouring and all we could do was sit and laugh our butts off. I couldn't even try to move off the rocks because I was laughing so hard.

I busted my knee on some rocks later when I was swimming around. A few others have battle scars! The sun came out...we enjoyed a few beers. Lots of cheese. Good times!

Saturday night we went to the Whitewater Amphitheater to see Robert Earl Keen! It was soo good to hear him in person. I really wish I had gone to more Texas country concerts when I was here. I am trying to make up for it!

That night I got real sick and actually threw up in the middle of the night. It wasn't from beer or anything. Either it was the heat or some virus because I was sick the whole car ride home. I have some good friends Jim and Kristi that let me pass out in the back of their minivan and then were okay with me throwing up in a ziplock baggie....I think I was just throwing up and saying "I'm sorry" over and over. haha.

Thank goodness all that stomach stuff is gone. Monday, I ran errands with Jeff and HAD to stop by our snow cone hut! It's a tradition. Drive around with snow cones! Then, today I went shopping with Courtney.

So far it's been a fun time off. It's going way too fast. I knew it would so I'm trying to savor every second...but soon I'll be gone and I won't see anyone again for probably around 9 months.

The reality of it is setting in. It's weird to be on this side of deployments. For the past 6 years I've been watching all my guys go overseas on deployments and now it's my turn. Really strange.
There are things I want to say. Things I'm thinking, but I guess I should stop at that. I need some sleep.

Sorry the pics aren't the best. I didn't take that many. Other people got more and might post them on facebook.

1 comment:

Jim and Krys said...

Jim: No worries on you leaving for 9 months and not seeing us. Just give us your mailing address and we'll write you a lot and often. Cool thing about letters, hand written ones at that, is that you can write anything you wish. There's something about the physical written word that allows for introspection and conveyance.