Sunday, August 24, 2008

Even though I wander, I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window, on a cold dark winters night. - Reo Speedwagon, Can't Fight This Feelin

I have some of the best friends back home a girl could wish for!

Jim and Kristi are always there sending me letters on fun paper, cards, packages, playing on skype with me, etc....I can't believe how much I treasure their friendship and they sacrifice so much to make sure we stay close while I'm far. I always get cheered up when I talk to them. They compliment me when I'm feeling self conscious. They tell me wonderful stories to keep me entertained. I can't imagine life without them.

Tanya sent me a package the other day too! Tons of magazines, bath and body works and candy and NUTELLA! I miss being back in DC with her and Phil and Jessica! I know she misses me too and that she has a ton of stuff to do planning her wedding and all...But soon, I'll be back and we can go snowboarding! I'm worried because I don't have much more time in DC and then I don't know how far we'll be separated. But, I do know that we will cross paths again. Maybe down the road I'll try to be stationed in Jacksonville and she'll be living there!

Courtney has gotten on facebook chat and talked with me a bit when I was on that. That was always fun.

My girls from my small group always send out updates every week. Mine is on thursdays...Oh poo. I forgot to send mine out on Thursday. I have to go do that....

My parents are amazing and send me packages all the time. I didn't think I would need all this stuff I keep asking for, but I miss having this stuff at my fingertips. They get on skype and play a lot and put patton up to the camera.

There are a few others that get on skype and play. That really is so much fun and I'm hoping some of my other friends back home would get on.

I'm trying to write more and I have a few cards to send out tomorrow. Some of my friends though, I'm surprised, I haven't really heard much from. That's kinda saddening. I fear there is growth growing there, and honestly, it's hard not to get easily upset by all that. It's just good to even know they're trying. I am so blessed and I'm going to thank God extra tonight for just the wonderful people in my life!

Especially, the new ones he's brought into my life here. We're family. Just like my Tech family. My Arlington High family. The internet family I gain through connections like Tess!

We're all connected and it's just hitting me right now. Thank you all for being so supportive of everything I do and listening to me when I'm complaining or being a silly girl or whatever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the one sacrificing yourself by being over there, not us by talking to you :) Thank you for the kind words, though, they mean a lot. We love you too :)

Tess said...

You always know who you're closest to when you're deployed!! Thank you for taking care of us over there.

I feel extra special b/c I got mentioned in this super sweet blog....I am not worthy!! :) The Navy has a way of bringing people together and you will soon find that it also has a way of keeping them together. Although I directed you to an apartment where the roof caved in--I'm glad we met the way we did! Maybe one day when I visit my parents in their hood, I'll come visit you @ NNMC!!!