Friday, August 1, 2008

Nighttime to some, a brief interlude. To others, the fear of solitude. - The Moody Blues, The Day Begins

I'm either up and ready to go or all I want to do is hide in my rack, listen to deathcab for cutie, and sleep.

I don't know what's up. I feel like I'm going through mood swings here. Work really isn't bad overall, but I feel like that's all I do. Nursing is a job that takes a lot out of you. Mostly, just sacrificing of yourself and serving on others. It's very tiring. Trying to stop people from being in pain is a tough job.

Someone is always in pain.

Someone is always nauseated.

Someone is always getting hurt.

It never ends.

The ER docs from the last det are burnt out, bitter, and need to leave. They're rude to patients, nurses, corpsmen. I have never had a navy doc that I hate to work for except two here in particular. They act like everyone else is totally incompetent. And, they'll be watching us in the mass casualty drill tomorrow. Splendid. After that, I go to work for the rest of the day and night.

I took a friend's ambien so I can sleep tonight. That's all I really want to do right now. My mind wanders to people, events, and times in my life that it really shouldn't here. I was using this deployment to escape all that, but the funny thing is....I think about it more over here.

Joke's on me.

2 comments:

Jim and Krys said...

Hey there Candi :)

Sorry I haven't gotten to write any letters yet, work went to hell this last week and I didn't have any time to write between that and studying for my exam this past Sunday. BUT! I'm going to write this weekend :) I even bought pretty paper :) You'll love it.

Miss you! I'm sorry sleep has been evasive. There's a new new's edition up on my blog though... Not too good this week, next week should be better :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you an email tonight and am writing you a letter.

-Jim