Okay, I have to take back what I said before. NO MORE TEXAS STUFF. My mom sent out a ton of magnets and is now sending more postcards, candy's, etc.....So. It's awesome and now I have everything I need. Jim is setting me up with some TTU stuff. We're good. :)
Every cell in my body aches. My mind wants to quit. I used to be a pretty bad hardass when I was in gymnastics. I could stretch, run, jump, and work out continually all night every day.
Now being 24 and really out of shape for years, my body is freaking, but my mind is racing at the idea of getting back into that shape again. To be able to do the splits, or back bends, or push ups and moves the way I could before. That's one of my goals of this deployment. I think I might be able to do it thanks to LTjg and his P90X videos. I curse him every day when we are working out and I get pissed, but the more angry, the harder it's making me work. The pain is so great in my legs that I've been shuffling around like an old lady. He told me the whole "pain is weakness leaving the body" and I told him that I'd kick him in the nuts and then I'd help a lot of weakness leave his body! But, overall, I'm really glad he asked me to do this program. Today, was yoga. You think...oh. yoga. How nice and relaxing. In between my slow, deep breaths, I was mumbling and cursing. haha. But, got through it.
Next week I should get better.
Now, for the rest of the day. Laura and I are going to go lay by the pool. Then, tonight, my crew and I are going to dinner and a movie thanks to the DFAC and community center. They're showing Sex and the City tonight. I'm the only one that's seen it in my group, but I'm excited to see it again.
Oh, also, somehow someone got a really good copy of The Dark Knight and it spread like wildfire! Last night, everyone was huddled in some corner of the I building watching it on their laptops. It's a pretty sweet movie...but I need to see it again. I think I missed some stuff since I was so tired. It should come to camp arifjan in a few weeks!
2 comments:
Hopefully you won't get drive-by care packages. These care-packages get sent out by churches or schools and, while they are intended well, they are usually filled with stuff that would only help a WWI soldier (as well as being chocked full with cheap hard candy). It kinda dulls your emotions every time you get one, search through it for some jerky or tuna and then throw the entire box away.
Care packages from family and friends are better, as you can tell us exactly what to send. That being said, don't be afraid to throw away our letters or postcards (or anything else we send you) if you get too many or too much. It won't hurt our feelings and we know how little living space you have over there. Those letters are meant for your happiness and if they start piling up and the clutter starts to cloud your mind, read em over once more and toss 'em!
Remember, though, to burn your address and our return address. OPSEC! first and foremost! Wouldn't want the insurgents to send you or us mail bombs (not joking, this was actually attempted). :)
Done and done!
Actually, the packages that are randomly sent to the hospital are pretty sweet! We have a closet full of hygiene things, clothing, razors, magazines, books, puzzles, good candy, etc! We call it our wal-mart closet and it's mostly for patients, but we can have the leftovers.
Many times I will take a patient down there to show them, and I'll find our CDR's and LCDR's digging around and look like they were caught doing something bad. It's pretty funny. :)
Post a Comment