That's my song for today. Since I don't work til 3pm, I tried to sleep as much as I could, but when I walked out of our pitchblack tent into the midday sun, I felt like my eyes had been dialated (sp?) and someone put me on the surface of the sun. It hurt....and didn't get better until I finally went and put my contacts in so I could wear my sunglasses. It was still bright.
I had a horrible nightmare last night. I dreamt someone had me tied up and locked away. When I finally could get away when I looked in the mirror my face was all screwed up. My eyelids had turned into this pussy, goopy mess that was dripping down my face. My lips and nose were huge things of sand. They looked like you wet my lips and nose and then put my face in the sand. It was nasty. I can't get the image out of my head. I woke up in a cold sweat. Not fun. I did sleep 11 hrs though. Finally, maybe I'm catching up.
Last night, Laura and I went to the starbucks in zone 6. It's freaky weird....when you're inside you would NEVER know you were in kuwait. And it's freezing in there! Laura and I were shivering. She even wanted to go get her sweater and drink a hot drink. I told her I would go outside and sprinkle tissue paper down like snow outside the window. haha. We got our drinks and ran outside...then, we felt a little better. Frappachinos were melting fast though.
other tidbits:
-Def wash your clothes in extra rince cycles....the water was still brown
-i HATE the paper towels they have in the bathroom. it's like drying your hands with kleenex, they're so thin! Just leave them wet, walk outside and I guarantee in 3 seconds your hands will be dry
-the DFAC in zone 1 is called the Oasis. I can't get that damn "midnight at the oasis" song out of my head when I eat there!
-it's going to suck being on the 3-11 shift. i won't see any of my friends with office jobs. the other nurse from my wave is this guy who i think i see enough of at work and don't need to see him outside of it. So, I get to have a lot of me time.....I'm not sure this is good. I laid in my dark rack thinking too much.
First day of work today! Wish me luck. Tomorrow, we have our mass casualty drill and then work again. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
1 comment:
Hopefully you'll get a routine going. With work on your mind, time will pass by quickly. I've got my phone on me, give me a call whenever. If I don't pick up the first time, call again. Sometimes I can't feel my phone.
Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment