We got overnight liberty last night and didn't have to muster until 1600 today, so Laura and I got a hotel room in San Clemente. It was so great to take a long bath (the last one I will have for 7 months) and sleep with real sheets and a real bed and not a cot for one night.
It was also the first time that we got to sleep in. They call reveille at 0530, but there are people in our seahut that get up at 0500. I have NO idea why, but whatever. We all slept until about 1000. It was fabulous.
Last night we walked across the street to a mexican restaurant. It was freakin awesome. Then, we stopped by the 7-11 and came back to relax at the hotel.
We all feel very rested now. I'm not sure how much time I'll get to get online for a while. Travel will be starting soon....and probably the next time you hear from me might be when I'm settled in Kuwait.
I'm kinda nervous....
1. It's a new job. New boss. New coworkers. New floor. New patients. I hope I do okay and impress them as a nurse.
2. It's weird thinking that I'm going to a base and that I won't be able to leave for 6-7 months. Granted, we will have MWR trips out, but I don't know how often I'll get to do those.
3. I wasn't worried about being in Kuwait until yesterday when I saw that Iran is playing with long-range missiles. With that, Israel will be within their distance. So will Kuwait. If something goes down while we're over there, they can always pull us and send us to another country. It will be interesting. Also, with the presidential campaign...a lot can happen politically. I'm still not really worried. Kuwait is a very safe country and we really have NO threat. It's just peaked my interest.
I am also really excited though....we got briefs on things that go on around there. There are tons of MWR parties and we'll all have major holidays together. We've been throwing around costume ideas for Halloween.
Bye for now....hopefully our plane isn't too heavy (that's another one of my fears. haha. We have a TON of crap to move)
No comments:
Post a Comment