Saturday, July 26, 2008

I breath in dirt and nowhere shines, but desolate and drab the hours all spent killing time. - The Cure, Prayers For Rain










Moving day. Finally. Good and bad things. I can get on my own laptop so I can update easier. I can skype, but we're always on "lights out" because people work shift work and we can't really talk....so I can go in the hall to skype, but then I lose reception. I'll figure something out.

I'm going to put a few pics up from the trip over to Kuwait and our first two weeks in wonderful "tent city". Nothing that would violate OPSEC...some people worry so much. More pictures are going to be at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2253204&l=f3cb2&id=16706036

Things are looking up around here. Work is busy, but I'm much more in the swing of things. I'm getting to learn a lot of stuff I wouldn't get to learn on the med/surg ward, like medication drips, procedures, etc. I'll really have to talk a lot more about this later, but I'm working on 10 hrs of sleep over the past 2 nights.

Also, during the move I think I moved at least 16 seabags up 3 flights of stairs and other various bags to move. I had my stuff up early, but went to help out all our E's with their bags. It's as if I did a thousand lunges...uh. Every time I would put a seabag on my back and a seabag on my front. By the end, my legs were just shaking. Good PT session though.

No comments: