Monday, July 21, 2008

She's a sad tomato, she's three miles of bad road. - REM, Crush With Eyeliner

I haven't felt much like writing. I feel like all I do is work. I have maybe 4 hr blocks of time, but that's not enough to really relax.

Yesterday was Sunday, so everyone was off. Except me. It was good though because I got to hang out with Laura before work. I never see any of my friends anymore because I'm on shift when they are getting off. Anyway, she and I tried playing halo (they gave us pink controllers!), watched a bit of transformers, played battleship, went to starbucks....and then sat and wondered what else we were going to do to take up time. haha.

I miss my friends that I made in Cali. Three of them work in the same office so they see each other a lot. The other one is a dentist and has the same schedule as they do basically.

At least I'm getting the hard shift out of the way. The other two I should still be able to see people. I'm either having a great time and loving it....or I'm seriously depressed and wondering why the hell I volunteered for this. I can't even complain because Kuwait has about anything you could ever need.

The past week has gone by sooo slow. One more week until we move into the I building and life will get much better.

The hospital is also either hot or cold. Crazy busy or very slow. I would go into work more but I just don't feel like it right now. Speaking of.....I have to go shower and catch the shuttle to zone 1.

Next week when we get in the I building I can set up wifi and get on my own computer and set up pictures and whatnot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to you getting wi-fi. I just tried drawing a picture for you on a postcard and found out that my expensive colored pens are worthless in the hot dry heat of Lubbock. I got the picture drawn, however, and will be sending it out tomorrow.

In any event, bored or depressed, you're accomplishing something :) Keep at it. We're all very proud of you.