See my next post to get my facebook photo albums and you can see pics from san diego and san clamante beach. It has been a blast. I finally have a good tan and we spent hours playing on the uss midway. we're big navy dorks singing anchors away through the whole thing and quoting top gun. I'm still lacking on sleep, but we're having a great time sight seeing.
Today, we're just waiting on our Kuwait CO to come in this afternoon and brief us, then a few of the new LCDR's are having their wetting down parties in San Clemente. It's going to be a good night.
I'm loving having our group. Laura (guts), Andrew (Mongo), Doug (papa bear), and joe (thumbs) are having a good time getting to know each other. I miss having guy friends and laura and I do a good job of being just "one of the guys".
This is what I wanted from the navy. God has really given me a great life. A free ride to california and a place to stay. I am blowing through money like crazy though, but I never would have come out here if they hadn't done it for me. It's not even using my leave up either.
We're trying to soak it all in now because soon we will just see sand for 7 months and no beer. :(
We've got 3 seabags (including our ridiculously heavy body armor) to pack and then my backpack for the plane. Moving all this around is not going to be easy.
We don't have a wifi area, so right now we're all at a cafe on base. I'll try and get on more so I can post pictures on the blog, but the same ones or on those facebook photo albums.
Out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment