Okay, so we had flight plan changes....we got an extra night in California. We grabbed some beverages at the NEX and headed to the beach on base. We played cards (some game called asshole) and hung out. Later on, we met up with the corpsmen, who had a fire going on the beach. It was a very fun night.
The sunset was beautiful. I think I could be stationed here....especially since they have their own private beach. There were a lot of people out surfing and even a woman who had a prostetic leg.
The sunset was beautiful. I think I could be stationed here....especially since they have their own private beach. There were a lot of people out surfing and even a woman who had a prostetic leg.
We'll be starting to pack up and all that and eventually be moving out of here and getting on our lonnnnng flight to kuwait. Right now I have my carry on with all my electronics, two seabags, my MOPP gear backpack, and my alice pack (with all my body armor....not a light bag). That's a lot to carry.
One of the female CDR's is very artistic and she started painting things on the bottom of people's seabags so they can identify them once we get there and they're all piled up. I felt bad because she was getting overwhelmed with all of them, so I just went and got paint from wal-mart and painted double T's on them. They're not perfect, but I think it's supercute. I also included a picture of my messy rack in our seahut. That was in the middle of me packing so everything was thrown around.
That's all for now. I hope the flight is as fun as it can be. I think the longest I've been on a plane is 6 hrs. Twenty-six just doesn't sound fun....
1 comment:
Look kinda tipsy there :D -Jim
Post a Comment