I've been in a horrible mood this week. I think it all started on our "dinner and a movie wednesday". We had it on Wednesday instead of Thursday, because as I said in the video, I was Officer of the Day on Thurs.
So, at our little group meet up on Wednesday, one of my friends informed me that most likely we will have to stay an extra month before we can leave. Right now the next detachment's wave 1 is set to leave and then the 2nd wave isn't set to leave until a month later. They want them to be 2 weeks apart for a smooth turnover. Therefore, they are going to push back the departure date of wave 1, so that means we will have to stay. Good and bad from this. Good...extra money and extra time with my friends here. Bad...I am already starting to think about wanting to go home and we're only 2 months into this.
Needless to say, that talk put a damper on the 4 of us that night.
The good part about that night was that we all went to play video games and Joe and I played NCAA football! I, of course, picked tech....and sucked it up because I have no idea what I'm doing when I play it. I did go up to the community center today (because the internet was sucking it up bigtime) and played some for practice.
Then, Thursday my routine was all screwed up because of OOD. I had to get up and muster at 0645 both days and then try and sleep and then either work or stand watch. I missed getting to work out those days.
We work with the same people every day. We live with the same people. We just have our own little quirks and things that bug each other. It's interesting.
Right now, it's 3am here in Kuwait. I've stayed up to listen to the first Texas Tech game! I bought a thing on their website to listen to red raider radio. They had a commercial playing that had the fight song and I started crying. I miss tech so much. I miss college. I just miss the US right now. I get to have fun playing as Tech's team on NCAA football on xbox. haha.
One thing that has saved me from being over here. Skype. I've been going into the laundry room so I can actually use my mic instead of typing. It's really cheered me up on my low days.
I was reading some messages that I sent back in Sept of 05 and it was talking about the hurricane that hit Texas after Katrina and how my sister didn't want to leave. Well, it looks like the same thing is happening now. That cat 4 hurricane is on it's way to the gulf coast somewhere and will get bigger before it hits. Scary stuff. I hope people all take precautions. I'll be watching this...
1 comment:
Yeah, my mom, dad, and little sister are down in Houston. We're watching to see what happens. You should see the football crowd here! Oh man!
Smells like a football game... don't know how to explain that... Even in highschool, football games had a smell to them. Excitement, autumn, concession stand food, barbecue, etc.
Storms have been rolling through Lubbock recently and theirs this calm dark blanket in the sky above the stadium. Pretty cool stuff :)
Post a Comment