I was looking up videos of Lubbock and it struck me. You can't find any other city with such diverse weather complexities! Here are some examples:
Hail
Wind/Duststorms
Lightening (not a great video...but still)
Tumbleweeds (reminds me of one instance where I was driving and there were hundreds flying across the street! Ignore the crazy hick yelling in the camera. hahaha)
I really miss Lubbock! Everyone says you'll never miss it once you leave....but I really do. I'm actually toying with the idea of retiring out there. Here's a good video after you've seen all that destruction. haha
I didn't really know much about Texas Tech or Lubbock before I graduated from high school, but it's like the 4 years that I were there....it took a piece of my soul. I won't be the same until I can get back there. I need to soon. My last weekend there was February of 07 and it was a good weekend, but just bad memories as to why I was headed there. I need to replace it with a good trip back to the HUB city when I get back from this desert.
1 comment:
Ha! I know you love Lubbock! It hurts me to say it, but I have fond memories of it out here too... Hell, I'm back in Lubbock right now. It has a charm to it.... I even have fond memories of Leveland, if you can believe it. I went to South Plains for about a year and its a quaint little town.
Oh guess what!!! First Tech game this Friday. I'm going to have to go to it just so I can video tape it for you. Aren't I? Hahaha!
Oh, I'm gonna send you some of those old pictures of the lightening storms that I took.
Lubbock is currently quiet at the moment. Sunny with the normal occasional whisp of dust. Kuwait and Iraq have nothing on our dust storms out here....
Post a Comment