One year ago today I checked into OIS with Kerry in Newport, RI. Now, a year later, I ask myself this question:
If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now, would I do it again?
I don't think I have an answer. In a way, I've always been told you can't ask yourself things like that. If we knew the future on most things, we wouldn't do half the stuff we want to do. I probably wouldn't have. That doesn't mean that I don't want to be where I am. But, the fear would have stopped me. I never in a million years imagined this would be such a hard road. I never thought I would have lost a certain someone over this. I never thought I would miss my friends so much.
I have grown more in this last year than I ever have thought I could though. Life seems to keep me on my toes these days and it's exciting. It has been the best lesson of life that God could have sent me.
One of my friends is starting out processing from the Army this week. It's so strange to think about. He's moving back to Texas. I laugh to myself because of all those times I told my friends that were in the military to just suck it up and deal with it and that it's not that bad....and now I can see what they were upset about. But, at the same time, I just talked to a friend who's working at a civilian hospital and she started explaining her upsets about work and it was the exact same stuff I'm bothered by! Same type of politics. Would it really be any different if I got out?
I'm just going to get what I can from it while I'm here.
No comments:
Post a Comment