Sunday, September 16, 2007

The world looks just the same, and the history ain't changed, cause the banners they are flown in the next war. - The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again















My parents are in town. They've made a trip up to Illinois, then New Hampshire, then Boston, and now here. It has been a beautiful weekend. High around the 70's. Sunny skies. On Sat, we started at Chinatown and ate lunch and saw the Portrait gallery, then walked down 7th to see the Navy memorial and down Pennsylvania Ave (watching the huge war protest) to 1st street to the botanical gardens. After that, we headed to Dupont circle and got coffee and desert and people watched. Today, we went to Mt Vernon (Washington's home). I had been as a kid, but this was more fun. Plus, they were having this huge festival. There were colonial crafts and people dressed in character. Let me tell you....even men back then in uniform were hot! :) The front gate to Washington's estate was built by Texans and there is a big plaque and on the map it says the "Texan gate". hehe. I also got a picture by a painting of Stephen F. Austin in the portrait gallery.

I have a meeting tomorrow about pre-deployment stuff. Apparently, even though I'm an alternate to go to Africa, I still have to do everything to get ready. My mom was nice enough to sew on my patches on my bdu's for C4 though. That saved me like $40.

It's going to be a busy week, but I hope to get on here later and write something decent.

No comments: