Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why do I feel you hear these prayers of mine, when so many ought to be ahead of me in line? - Clay Walker, Questions

After months of searching for an apartment, I found the perfect one. Well, I didn't find it. I was led to it after a lot of prayer. God is seriously working hard for me right now.

It's less than a mile from work (I'm planning on walking/running/biking to work)
Downtown Bethesda in the middle of everything
4 blocks from the metro
It has a partnership with the navy so I get it at a discount and no deposit
No pet deposit
Utilities included
Parking garage
Rooftop pool
A few blocks from Rock Bottom Brewery
...and it has great reviews from the residents online!

I went and put my name on the list for the size I want. They said one should be opening up this month. I can't wait! It took a lot of running around getting paperwork from the navy and the housing department, but I got it done. I cannot wait. But, it's nerve racking. I have to plan it out and let my apartment now know when I"m moving. I have to figure out how I'm moving. I'm also going to C4 Oct 11th-22nd....so I won't be here to pack and whatnot.

I went and got my camis for C4 today. So, contingency will give them to you for free and you add on the patches and whatnot, but then I have to return them. EH?? He said they're phasing out the woodland camis. Well, then why do I have to give them back? Plus, they don't even reuse the used ones. So, I still have to pay for all the stuff to be added, just to rip them off. Actually, I might have my mom sew them on. Of course, it's not like I would ever use them again anyway, so they would just take up space.

Speaking of. My mom and dad are going on their 25th wedding anniversary trip Friday. They're going up to Illinois to see my brother, then up to New Hampshire to see long lost relatives and then down to see me. My mom still hasn't seen me in dc. Then, they'll travel through the Shenandoah Valley and all that scenic area. I'm so excited they get to come.

I think when I request to transfer off my floor I will put the following floors in order that I would like to go:
1. ICU
2. ER
3. PACU

I'd like to get the ICU experience since I'm here. At least get it under my belt. I'm so glad I did my year on med/surg. I have learned so much about time management and basic nursing skills.

I've been so scatterbrained lately. I have a lot going on and I feel like I've been moving 100 mph. The corpsmen last night were laughing at me because I was talking really fast and wouldn't sit down. It seems once I start moving, I can't slow down. Before I know it, it will be December and I will be watching snow fall over downtown Bethesda.

No comments: