Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dreams are hard to follow, but don't let anyone tear them away. Hold on there will be tomorrow, in time you'll find the way. - Mariah Carey, Hero

My detailer said under no circumstance will I leave Bethesda in the summer due to multiple deployments that our hospital will be sending people for. Djibouti, Kuwait, Afghanistan, and the Comfort is going out too.

I'm actually really okay with this. Good things about leaving for Jax in October:
1. I get another summer in DC. I love the summer in DC. :)
2. I will be moving around the same time as all my other close friends, so I won't have to leave before anyone.
3. It will be the same month that Tanya moves to Jax, so maybe we can just take a trip and move our stuff together and stop and sight see all the way down the east coast.
4. More time to plan it out and go house hunting.

Good things about being in Jax for 3-4 years:
1. I'll really get settled into the city and hospital and feel comfortable.
2. More established in a home....still debating buying vs. renting.
3. More time if I can get to the ICU to get experience.
4. Able to do more online grad courses before I apply to DUINS
5. Possibly another deployment. Most likely this would be Cuba. I've learned a lot on this one and I think I would be able to be more prepared for future ones.
6. More time with Tanya!
7. More time to get a good tan!

This week has been much better.
1. We're under the 50 days left mark...it's now 47.
2. I got my car paid off! Now, I just have my school loans left and this year I can apply for the Navy to pay for them. It won't be until the fall, but still. Something to look forward to. Then, I'd be debt free! Entirely. Awesome.
3. Next week is R&R and I can't wait! (another good thing...I got my new one piece bathing suit and I love it.)
4. Just thinking about Jacksonville.

I can't wait to get there. Warm weather, friendly people, beaches, cute neighborhoods and houses, pet lovers, more real "navy" stuff, smaller hospital, closer to home. Bah. It's going to be great. Some of the homes I've been looking at (really wanting to rent so if I'm deployed I can do the whole storage thing again) have large balconies or patios. I just picture sitting out with patton, relaxing with some iced tea, people watching.

Now, college football time.
What the hell is with UT moving ahead of OU? This disturbs me. There is a small chance that UT could lose to A&M and OU lose to OSU and we'd still be going to the big 12 championship. Actually, we just need OSU to lose to OU, since we beat UT. I can hope. There is always that possibility.

I'm going to call Florida over Alabama, even though their game isn't until next week. Alabama can sometimes choke on big games like we do. I'd like to see Florida and OU. I respect OU more as a team and their coach over UT. Mac Brown is an ass and they think so much of themselves.

Glad Penn State got the Rose Bowl. I'm still sad they lost to Iowa. I would have loved to see Penn State and Texas Tech in the National Championship game. I knew it was far off, but I was hoping.

And USC moving up to 5?? Man, another school I can't stand. Who do they ever play and they always seem to be in the top 10! Granted, they played Ohio State this year, but it was a non conference game and they're not having the best year anyway. Whatever.

I must address our game against OU. As everyone else has been saying. What the HELL happened???? I did tear up a bit after the game. I can't believe it. I was prepared to lose, but not like that! Why did we keep trying to run it up the middle?? It obviously wasn't working the 1st, 2nd, 50th time we tried. We'd get stopped right at the line of scrimmage. It was awful. They were in our heads, just like we were with Texas. Bah. Everytime I pass a tv on a sports show, they instantly switch to the TT vs. OU game and discuss their annihilation. My heart sinks every time.

I could go on and on, but it's time to get to the DFAC!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Florida is a good place to hunker down in.