Everclear came to Camp Arifjan the other day! I could only remember a few songs of theirs, but at the concert I realized I knew a lot more.
They came by the hospital that afternoon and I jumped up to meet them. The only problem was I was getting report for my patient coming from the OR and as we were all taking pictures, the guy rolled around the corner and I had to run off. The 2 brown haired guys were pretty cute. I'm just being a sucker for rock stars. ;) And not the kind that stay up late and play all night in our lounge. haha.
Later that evening, we all got cleaned up and headed out to the shuttle to go to zone 6. One of my friends got called into work, so he had to go take care of patient stuff. Poor guy. I'd be so upset if I was in his place, but he was pretty cool about it. So, that left 2 of us. We went and got some near beer at the PX to feel like we were really at a concert. We sat down way in the back bleachers at first, but eventually started making our way up and were at the front of the stage at the end. It was such a fun time. The lead singer lost his voice, so it was in and out, but it was still good. Then, the last song they wanted to have a bunch of girls come up and dance on stage, so they started picking girls out in the crowd. He picked me and even winked at me! I don't know if he recognized me from earlier at the hospital or not, but that was cool.
I got up there and then looked around at everyone and really wondered what on earth had possessed me to want to dance on stage in front of everyone. I saw a ton of people from the hospital that I work with and was really embarrassed, but I figured I'd just go with it and have fun. They played a cover of 867-5309 and we all jumped around like idiots. One girl had to stop because she said she wasn't wearing a bra and then this other girl was a skank jumpin around in little white shorts and I don't think she had underwear on. Oh well. I felt a little out of place with some of those girls. They were rubbing all up on him and everything. I'm still kinda embarrassed when I look at the video and stuff, but figured I'd share it and just be proud I had the guts to get up there.
I'm going to try and load a bunch of my old videos on my youtube page. I'll try and keep it updated. Check out the link on the right.
1 comment:
Hey, I looked at the videos before I read this one. You looked fine :) There were plenty of women up there that looked like they were having a good time and weren't making fools of themselves. That chick in the short shorts easily took "Holy Sh^t, she's a whore!" award, hehe.
Oh man, we need to talk about this more now that I've seen the videos :) All in all, very cool! Have I told you about my Chuck Norris story?! Yeah... I think I have....
hehehe
Post a Comment