Some people here seem to think me odd that I get this into college football and mostly the big 12. Well, you know what. It's home for me. I'm not home. I'm the farthest I've ever been and it's hard. This is my connection. This is my family. Others may think it's strange, but part of my soul is on that field, in those stands, watching on tv, cheering with signs. I'm watching and wishing more than anything that I could be there next to them.
I do get over emotional with it. I am beyond passionate. But, I don't see where that is a fault. Just let me have my fun and get into it. Just because you're not from Texas. You're not from my school. You don't understand the love of the game and the rivalry and the talk, don't stop me from expressing that.
I'm guessing that I'll just have to keep my mouth shut. I'll call my friends back home. They understand. Our hearts beat the same way. Some just don't get it.
I can't believe they could talk all through the UT/A&M game about how "spotless" UT season has been and how perfect Colt McCoy has been. Everyone has just totally shut out our win against them. They had all these signs with the score of their win over OU. Maybe we should do the same. I can only hope that OU loses somehow. That would put UT and TT in a tie. Well, we won against them, so I don't see the struggle. Our amazing season is gone, thanks to that lovely loss to OU. Man, I can't believe it.
But, I digress. Texas Tech is home. For Thanksgiving, I want to think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment