Sunday, November 30, 2008

The beer I had for breakfast wasn't that bad, so I had one more for dessert. - Kris Kristofferson, Sunday Morning Coming Down

I will only get 3 beers a day on R&R, but 3 still makes me happy!

I've been posting a lot because I have time at work and things are slower on night shift. I've also been very happy lately. I couldn't shift over to night shift sleep schedule very well so I was using ambien. Even with that, I still couldn't sleep well and it just sunk me into a horrible depression/anxiety trip for a week. It was horrible. I didn't feel like myself. I stopped taking the ambien and feel so much better. Plus, I've been sleeping well! ha.

I go on R&R tomorrow! I've been checking the weather and for the next week high will be 75 and low 62. Perfect. I have a new one piece that I hope I can wear. They usually run a water sports trip where you get to ride jet skis and banana boats. I hope they still have it running. I've never been on a jet ski.

I can already feel the weight of Kuwait falling off me and we haven't left yet. I know it's going to feel so good to be crammed into that military plane on jump seats, leaving the hospital behind for a few days. I still can't believe I've been here since July and it's now past Thanksgiving. For those guys having to stay a year or more, it must be worse.

Coll FB:
Florida vs. Florida State. Okay, I would have liked the seminoles to win this one. It would have just been fun, but alas. They were trampled.

Virginia Tech won. Good for them.

Same with Georgia Tech, only they won't get anywhere because of Virginia Tech winning. Still, good game against Georgia.

Looks like USC will be going to the Rose Bowl against Penn State. Man, Penn State had better whoop some a**. Not a fan of USC.

Alabama beat Auburn. Whoopdie doo. I just don't know about them holding up against Florida.

Oregon over Oregon State. Okay. USC has them to thank for their spot in the Rose Bowl.

Then, the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma state game. Wow. I think that was one of my favorite games of the season. OSU almosttt pulled a win to help Texas Tech out...but NO. Oh well. They stayed right up there with OU for most of the game! Great one to finish the night with. Or morning here...

Okay, so UT, OU, TTU are all tied. I know Tech is out of this race. It was a good season, up until the end. I just wanted the big 12 championship game to end on a good note. Guess that won't happen. Don't even think we'll get a BCS bowl either. That sucks. Well. There's always next year! At least, I hope I can get to a game next year since I won't be in the middle east!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope R&R is going well!

Jordan and Kristie said...

are you back yet? I wanna hear all about R&R, hope you had a blast and got buzzed off your 3 beers.